Introduction to Mountaineering: 2-day hike with ascension of Bishorn (4153m)
Sa, 26.06.21 11:00 - So, 27.06.21 15:30
Kurse / Vorträge / Führungen
This will be a 2-day introduction to mountaineering in the canton of Valais. We will be hiking up to Tracuit Hut SAC and stay one night there.
The hut lies at a height of 3256m above sea level, at the Tracuit Pass, between Les Diablons and the Tête de Milon in the Pennine Alps.
If you are a very fit hiker and would like to try mountaineering and go up to 4000m+, this is for you!
This trip is led by 2 International Mountain Guides. The group will be split in 2 for the ascension.
Day 1: We will meet in Zinal in the morning, hike up to Tracuit Hut SAC and do some briefing and exercises for day 2. Night at the hut.
Day 2: Breakfast at the hut, ascension of the Bishorn (4153m), return to the hut for lunch and descent to Zinal.
How to get there?
If you are traveling from Zurich by public transport, we recommend you to take the following trains:
- Saturday: 07:02 Zurich HB - 11:03 Zinal centre (via Visp, Sierre and Vissoie)
- Sunday: 15:38 Zinal - 19:28 Zurich HB (via Vissoie, Sierre, Visp and Bern) - depending on what time we return to Zinal
The price for the event is CHF 500.
What does the price include?
- 2 days of guided hiking/mountaineering with an International Mountain Guide
- 1 night of accommodation at Tracuit Hut SAC
- Dinner on Saturday
- Breakfast and Marschtee on Sunday
What does the price NOT include?
- Transfers to and from Zinal
- Packed lunches
- Head torch
- Crampon compatible mountaineering boots
- Glacier glasses
- Hat or cap
- Fleece jacket
- Duvet jacket
- Goretex jacket
- Waterproof trekking trousers
- Packed lunch for Saturday and Sunday
- Sleeping bag liner (blankets provided)
- Pillow case
- Cash for drinks at the hut
Minimum number of participants per group: 3
Maximum number of participants per group: 5
Once registered, please pay a 50% deposit within 7 days. The balance is due by 26 May 2021.
By signing up for this event, you agree that you have read, understood and will adhere to our Terms and Conditions in the “What we’re about” section of our Meetup group.
meetup – the largest network of local communities that meet offline about their shared interests and passions – register for this event on meetup.com